Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entertaining but indefensible.

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,637
    I haven't been able to get geared up enough to indoor again yet.
    Yeah, Genesis had me on the brink until I saw the seats were $250 and up.

I might prowl the second hand market to see if a bargain happens to pop up, but I just can't face value for what might be a phoned in show.
    My reaction to the Faces news is indifference. Maybe they’ll surprise me.
    Yeah, Rod has been too many other people for me to believably hear him sing earnest songs about the richness of life.

Trying to imagine what a surprise would look like. Maybe a Tom Waits-ian "this world chewed me up and spit me out" dark epic? All minor keys, BPM never gets over 95.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,046
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:

edited July 2021
    Trying to imagine what a surprise would look like. Maybe a Tom Waits-ian "this world chewed me up and spit me out" dark epic? All minor keys, BPM never gets over 95.
    Nah. They'll do shitty lazy covers of "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy" and "All for Love" or something.
    It's almost as if Rod Stewart, over the last 4 decades, somehow made you lose faith in his artistic integrity.

I just don't get it.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,293
    And without Ronnie and Ian, it’s not the Faces. There isn’t any reason for Rod, Ron, and Kenny to record together as the Faces except to make money. I guess Ron has those twins to provide for and no telling how broke Kenny is.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,525
    People keep linking "Whitey's on the Moon" and it doesn't get less apt.
    Only billionaires could make me hate a (non-military) launch. Why they gotta ruin everything?
    edited July 2021
    Borrowed my late dad's acoustic guitar for Simon to try. He's enjoying it but it buzzes a bit. If I rest the butt of my hand near the bridge, it stops.

Do I maybe just need new strings? It used to sound fine but hasn't been played in years. Absolutely no physical damage of any kind that I can see (or would have any reason to expect).
    That's a cheap easy place to start. Are you able to determine the source if you move your head around?
    edited August 2021
    Does it buzz when you play all the strings, or just certain strings or certain notes?

If it buzzes all the time, it's possible the bridge is ungluing itself. Pick up a sheet of paper and see if you can slid it between the bridge and the guitar, like so:

edited July 2021
    Another possibility: a brace got partially unglued.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_bracing
    Any decent luthier can fix this easily. But I have no idea how much it will cost. Who made your acoustic? Does it have sentimental value?
    The piece of paper can make it like a quarter inch in on the two back corners, but elsewhere, nada.
    edited July 2021
    As far as I know, it's not supposed to do that. I think your bridge is lifting. If the guitar is valuable to you, get it fixed. I don't know how much that will be in your area. At a respected Canadian guitar shop (Long & McQuade), it's about 200 canuckistani pesos.
    It's not a nice guitar at all, as my late dad was very cheap. It's something called a Samick.

But it was my late dad's, so...
    edited July 2021
    Dude, Samick of South Korea is one of the world's biggest musical instrument manufacturers! Guitars built by Samick have been sold under a shitload of different "respectable" brand names: Squier, Epiphone, Washburn, Hohner, Silvertone, etc. Do you have a model number or name?

I have nothing against cheap guitars, that's how most people learn to play. I'm not a guitar snob: I've never met a guitar I didn't like. If it stays in tune, doesn't buzz and it's reasonably confortable, I'm happy.
    edited July 2021
    It's an LW-020G. There seem to be a fair number of them online for $100-150, used.

And it does buzz. Hopefully, new strings will help. These are a bit rusty.
    edited July 2021
    I hope it helps, but I'm not optimistic. I think the lifting bridge is what's causing the buzz. But I play these things, I don't fix them, and I'm diagnosing a problem at a distance, I could be wrong. Good luck!
    It might also be bees. I'd check for those before you spend a lot on a repair shop.
    edited July 2021
    Maybe termites? Do termites buzz?

What ch'all doing this weekend?
    Not much. Probably the usual.
    We're gonna watch Ted Lasso and go to the neighborhood pool. Decided not to put up our pool this summer. I mean it's new and that was the plan but when the vacation fell into place it made it impractical. We'll do some prep work for the spot this year and set it up early next season.
    There is a police helicopter over our block saying something about calling 911 if we see a woman in pajama pants.

This is the closest I've ever been to the "there's a maniac on the loose in your neighborhood" trope.

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,293
    I’m wondering if that’s all she’s wearing.
    I'm normally not down with "Hey, watch this music video made by a person who obviously thinks they are good but is very bad" as a vibe.

But holy shit, there are thousands of notes in this song and this woman doesn't hit ANY OF THEM.

Not something I say often but she needs AutoTune.