Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This website is temporarily unavailable, please try again later.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,015
Good moaning.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,015
    edited January 2017
    "In addition, the United States should not admit those who engage in acts of bigotry or hatred (including “honor” killings, other forms of violence against women, or the persecution of those who practice religions different from their own) or those who would oppress Americans of any race, gender, or sexual orientation."

It says so in President Pig Fucker's latest executive order, you know, the one that bans muslims from entering the US! Funny, eh?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/27/us/politics/refugee-muslim-executive-order-trump.html?_r=0

edited January 2017
    And another funny bit: as far as I know, none of the perpetrators of the major US terrorist attacks carried out in the name of Islam since 9/11 have come from the nations on Il Douche's list.

This order is fucking stupid, cruel and unnecessary. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist! And it goes agains the stated values of the United States (I mean, is it unconstitutional? I'm betting it is). And it will certainly produce more problems than it is supposed to solve. In other words, it’s just like Donald Trump.
    edited January 2017
    And R.I.P. John Hurt.

And Emmanuelle Riva, paix à son âme (you may know her from "Hiroshima mon amour" and from Michael Haneke's "Amour").

edited January 2017
    And you know Theresa May, the present prime minister of the UK? Right after kissing Il Douche's ass, she flew to Turkey, where she sold fighter jets to fucking Recep Erdogan.

Depressing times.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,284
    edited January 2017
    Yes, they are.

But I just finished my lesson plans for next week! I hate doing lesson plans, but I've been getting them done early on Saturday mornings. Weekends are a lot more relaxing without having to worry about getting my lesson plans in before Monday. I guess that's sort of a 'life hack?'

And, I just completed another 10 wks of my little exercise program, so that means I get to take next week off.
    Dude is definitely gonna incite a riot or two.
    Now he's going to green light local law enforcement to be immigration enforcers. I'm thinking that the program I work for may be in jeopardy. The majority of our students are undocumented immigrants and refugees from Iraq and Somalia.
    Yes.

I don't know where I could work if I lost my job. I'm 53 and don't know how to do anything other than teach English to people from other lands.
    The motive of the attack was not immediately clear.
    From the report I read of the shooting.
    And now for something completely different...

I would love to read a transcript of this conversation!
    About President Dipshit's holocaust day declaration, the one that doesn't mention jews...

I'm quite certain it was a very deliberate expression of holocaust denial. You can't even say it was "in code" or some shit, it was obvious! Minimizing or not mentioning the fact that the final solution was, first and foremost, a slaughter of jews, is a longstanding thing amongst anti-semites, white nationalists, and holocaust deniers generally. I have no idea if President Dipshit has any idea that he signed a holocaust denial proclamation, but I'm certain Bannon did. And other high-rank assholes in the Dunning-Kruger administration probably know it too.

Imagine if Obama had done this, eh?
    Two suspects have been arrested, one has a Quebecois name, the other has a muslim name. Nothing else is known about them. Guess what kind of shit is circulating on the internets?

Here's a perfect example of how prejudice works: as far as I know, nothing has been said regarding the motivations of these two suspects. But one of them is moroccan and has an muslim name. Hence, they must be radical islamists! Sure, they could be radical islamists. But, for the time being, I don't know that, and assholes on the internet don't know that. Concluding that they are islamists based on a name is really fucking stupid.
    Hey cap, we're over here!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,632
    Good luck Ev. Lots of nervous people here in DC. I think we can only hope it'll be a short lived shitstorm.
    edited January 2017
    Well, turns out there is only one suspect now: he's the one with the Quebecois name. He may have sympathies with far-right bullshit, but things are still sketchy.

Of course, morons on the internets are now speculating that there's a cover-up going on... 8-|

edited January 2017
    A Trumpchkin on the books of face told me that "maybe you should worry about what is happening in Austria". At first I was like woa, non-sequitur dude! But then I figured it out: see, asshole checked out my FB page, where it's written that I went to shit creek university and that I live in Fucking, Austria.

What a maroon! 8-}
    But you are worried about Austria a little bit.

If Trump said he wanted to put Muslims in 'secured locations,' his peeps would fall right in line.
    But you are worried about Austria a little bit.
    Of course! Who isn't, eh?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,507
    Positive mind atoms to Evan.

Also, Evan was it you who recommended Car Seat Headrest? I'm late to the party on that one, but they are good.
    The part you want is 3:10 in:

"[Trump] came to me: "Muslim ban... put a commission together, show me the right way to do it legally."
    This bit from Car Seat headrest for instance, is just perfect:

You have no right to be depressed
    You haven’t tried hard enough to like it
    Haven’t seen enough of this world yet
    But it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts
    Computer glitch. Sure. Okay.
    16443551_10107487292642340_1208118148_n.jpg
    449 x 800 - 67K
    Meanwhile, on FB... I've been in argument with my ostensibly "cool" Christian minister cousin. I posted a picture of a toddler in handcuffs in LAX and said it was unequivocally wrong.

He says I'm being hateful for refusing to hear the other side.
    He's lecturing me about love and acceptance and reminding me to consider his feelings.