Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fleetwood Mac is a silly band.

124»

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,056
    I have nothing planned for the weekend.
    edited April 2018
    By the way, Jeff, the family watched the first episode of the new Lost in Space. Little S. enjoyed it. I thought it was fine entertainment, albeit a bit on the lowbrow side. I particularly enjoyed how the new planet seems to work in ways that provide the exact amount of drama needed to keep things interesting!
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,528
    I'd give it a little more credit. Maybe I'd call it middlebrow instead of lowbrow. But I think we mostly agree.

Family adventure is a neglected niche these days though. My kid being the age he is, I appreciate it for what it is.
    edited April 2018
    Yeah, I agree on the family entertainment thing. We've watched nearly all the old (and older) Star Trek series with Little S, without a problem. But the new Star Trek got too heavy for Little S.: all those cut scenes where they show Voq being transformed into Tyler scared her and we had to stop.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,528
    Speaking of family adventure, I think we're going to take Simon to see "20,000 leagues Under the Sea" at Lookingglass Theater. That's the one David Schwimmer runs/is associated with in the city. They do a family oriented show every year and this year is an original adaptation of the Jules Verne story. Simon is pretty pumped, but I still have to figure out when we're doing that, and if we want to tell him he can bring a friend.
    edited April 2018
    Sen. Lindsey Graham: Trump deserves Nobel Peace Prize if Koreas follow through on peace

Guffaw! And while he's at it, Senator Graham should also give Trump a blowjob!

edited April 2018
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,297
    I've gotta look for and gather a bunch of documents to prove what I've got that the ex can lay claim to. So much weekend fun. At least there's really primo shrimp to help me along. Also finished next week's lesson plans and already washed all my bedding. Someday, if I ever get ahead again financially, I'm definitely hiring a housekeeper.
    Going to see Eli's band open up a Phillies game tonight.
    Can you tell more about this?
    I've been learning to play Angie with a pick this weekend. It's trickier than I thought it would be. Robyn Hitchcock does an acoustic version of The Ghost in You that I'd also like to learn.
    I have no life.
    edited April 2018
    You play guitar, you listen to music, you teach and you read. That's what I do nearly all the time. If you don't have a life, then I don't have one either.
    Learn Sympathy for the Devil. The Get Your Ya-yas version is easy and loads of fun.
    Here's a good lesson: