Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy Birthday, Daniel-san!

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,023
    edited April 2020
    Supertankers drafted in to store glut of crude oil
    Ships able to carry 2m barrels chartered for $335,000 a day to store oil unwanted during the Covid-19 pandemic

Imagine that: huge tankers anchored aimlessly, filled to the brim with oil nobody wants! And all of this because of a bug. What a resilient economic system we have here, eh?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,510
    Our dog has learned to relax a bit. Walk him for forty minutes or so and he then sleeps a few hours.
    edited April 2020
    U.S. energy secretary to urge House lawmakers to buy oil for strategic reserve

It's kinda weird... I'm hearing the tiny voice of an invisible hand whispering "they should pay the US government to store the oil."

Am I going insane?
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,287
    I don’t know. Probably not.

It’s warm in my house, but I’m trying not to use my a/c until May. None of my windows open.
    Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R) called for the reopening of his state and the country late Monday, saying there are "more important things than living.”
    Like what?

If I’m dead, nothing is very important, at least to me.
    edited April 2020
    That's all very fine, Ev, but... If you're not contributing to the economy, what's the use of living, eh?
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,635
    "There are more important things to me than you living.”

fixed it.
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    thumbnail_1587489493213blob.jpg
    573 x 735 - 137K
    Good job, Eric!

One day I read that Biden is leading Trump in important swing states. The next day I read that Trump and Biden are deadlocked in important swing states.

It’s nice we’re given a choice of narratives to follow.
    Pick yr poison!
    Just published Home's very first podcast (with original backing music).

In which we attempt to discuss the climate.

https://youtu.be/OCNbAN9ya5E
    Mega thumbs up.
    What's up from the newest Webber.
    15875778466033631415560107603021.jpg
    3072 x 4096 - 3M
    I enjoyed it. I wish I could’ve called in.
    Here’s a petition requesting 60 days of free streaming of Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+ to alleviate the boredom of staying at home.

http://chng.it/F55b8q4sYJ
    And now the newest Crappiteer.

I might've missed his/her name. What is it?
    A few of these fingerpicking lessons/songs have lyrics. These aren’t fingerpicking pattern songs, so it’s pretty tough to figure out how I’m supposed to try to sing them. Instructor David Hamburger doesn’t sing them either.

I’m concentrating on where my fingers are supposed to go and which notes I’m supposed to be picking. How do I sing when I’m doing this?
    Last night I got sick of playing songs I can’t sing to and learned to play A Picture of Dorian Gray by Television Personalities. No fingerpicking, but easy to play and sing at the same time.
    That’s looks like a happy pup.
    edited April 2020
    I can't sing my way out of a paper bag! One thing I sometimes try to do is learn to play a guitar arrangement that includes both the guitar part and the melody of the voice parts. That way, no one has to listen to my shitty singing.
    I can’t sing either, but I like to do it anyway.
    That's Rango.
    I haven’t seen that. Is it worth watching?
    So, I'm thinking Trump will win again because the thing Republicans care the most about is the Supreme Court. Democrats never even mention the Supreme Court when they're campaigning.
    Biden needs to talk about that. A lot.
    edited April 2020
    No, our dog's name. He's Rango. The movie? It's fine for a kids movie. But we didn't name him. He just came this way and we thought it suited him.
    FB_IMG_1587646014536.jpg
    1080 x 818 - 110K
    Sup Rango!
    Your muscles start to remember certain patterns for you. When I'm singing over a picked song, I'm only thinking about the chords and the lyrics. My right hand is just kinda doing it's thing by itself.

Granted I'm not trying to emulate someone else's patterns usually. I reckon that would take a lot of practice to make that auto-pilot.