Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I had a cat named Jarvis because I was really into Pulp.

124»

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,023
    I've finished the book on the beginnings of WWI, and now I'm reading Sinclair Lewis' It Can't Happen Here.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,287
    Ah, quite timely.
    Apparently, Trump is tweeting about delaying the election.

Also, there was a huge jump in the number of Kodak shares being traded the day before he announced that he was turning it into a pharmaceutical company.
    That S. Lewis book is next on my reading list.
    edited July 2020
    In my opinion, from a literary stand point, it's not as good as the other two I've read of him (Babbit and Arrowsmith). It's funnier, however. And yes, it's quite timely.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,510
    FB_IMG_1596140975078.jpg
    720 x 601 - 36K
    You're right, they do!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,635
    In a somber edition of What's Everybody Doing This Weekend?!?!?..

S___ and I are going up to extreme Northeast PA to clear out her father's house for four days. No wifi. No mobile. So I'll be off the grid until Wednesday. Probably a good social media cleanse for me.
    Be well. Hopefully the vibe is more rediscovering fond memories and less sad.
    We'll probably just cook, eat, watch TV, swim, and maybe work on getting Tilda a new job
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 421
    So, I got back my x-rays and my doctor says that there are "marks on my lungs" and that it (along with everything else i told her) indicated that I did have COVID19 back in late January and early February. I am now being put on yet another antibiotic.

I got COVID back in January. It's been six months and I am still operating on 3/5ths to 4/5ths power in my lungs which have been congested the entire time. But yeah, it's fake because some vegan bodybuilder on Instagram watched Plandemic or whatever.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,635
    Damn. So sorry to hear.

I wish that would be better reported on. It's not just either recovering or dying. There's a whole lot of lifelong shit outcomes in between.

Mega PMAs, Matthew.
    That sucks, Matthew. It sounds really horrible.
    edited August 2020
    If you haven't seen the Korean action movie, The Man From Nowhere, I recommend it. The lead actor is a guy named Won Bin. He was also in the Bong Joon Ho film, Mother. I think he's really good and I don't know why he disappeared from movies. I think he coulda been a big star.
    Heavens to betsy, Matt! PMAs flowing your way, dude. Are you sure about the late January, early February date? Seems a bit early.
    I am aware that the earliest officially identified case in Quebec is in late February, but I got sick around January 30th-31st which is about a week after COVID arrived in Toronto (Jan. 22) from Wuhan.

Can I say for certain that I was sick with COVID on day one? No. But this is the day that I fell ill and my sickness continued for months uninterrupted until right this minute, which would be unsual for almost anything else.

Did I get a bad flu that made me susceptible to COVID a few weeks later? I suppose that is possible. But I don't believe I will ever know for sure what transpired exactly.

All I know is, I got sick at the end of January and it began as a sore throat, dizziness, headaches, etc. and then moved into my lungs after a week or so. I was too fatigued to do anything and I had a ton of fluid in my chest that I could not expel. After a few weeks of missing work, on January 17th, I walked through deep snow to a clinic in the Mile End where I was prescibed some antibiotics.

The antibiotics did nothing at all. Around this time Montreal had its first official case. On February 12th, I contacted my doctor again and told her that I still wasn't feeling any better, and, if anything, was feeling worse. She put me on another dose of antibiotics and gave me two puffers. Neither of us believed it was COVID as it had only just arrived and I had been sick for a month and a half already.

I was calling in sick every few days by this point as I could barely stay awake. The only thing I forced myself to do was walk the three KM in the snow to my night class. My prof was aware I was sick and was afraid I had COVID. I assured him that I did not have COVID, but sat far from the rest of the class, deep in the back of the room.

Mid-March, now well on my way to two straights months of chest congestion, I contacted the 811 number and the COVID emergency number. Getting nowhere, I called my doctor again and she told me to try the puffers I had been prescribed. They helped a little but the congestion never went away. The day after I called her was Friday, March 13, when everyone in the city freaked the fuck out and flooded our store in a panic. Several of my co-workers quit immediately after this shift, many of them preparing to move back home (most of them from BC).

I spent the next week trying to contact 8-1-1 and other help lines, to no avail. The rest of my phone records are me calling the pharmacy/811/my doctor/my family/and my boss. Eventually, in April, I basically told him that I was going to have to quit. I was not on EI or anything, just losing shifts, so I was at this point three months with very little in the way of wages.

Anyway, and since then very little has changed. My lungs have not returned to 100% since January. I am constantly clearing my throat and hocking up phlegm. If I push air through my mouth, I wheeze. I feel sluggish, always. Low energy. I've adjusted to it, but it's unsettling.

What the x-rays revealed is that my alveoli are inflammed and there is still fluid in my lungs after six months. This is why my doctor is now confident that I was struck by COVID.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Wow Matthew! I sure hope you get better soon. All my PMAs to you
    Also, there is the French connection. Paris and Bordeaux had cases arriving from China around January 18-22 but France has also retroactively identified a case who was infected with COVID in mid-December and was admitted to a hospital just outside Paris on December 27th. The customers at my work are predominately young Parisians. It was the holidays. My store is very claustrophobic and very busy during the winter. It's possible that somone flew in from Paris carrying COVID during those weeks and it was circulating among people who were asymptomatic or assumed it was just that bad flu that was going around. We weren't doing community testing and Quebec was slow to respond with testing even once they knew it had arrived.